Visitor and newcomer informationWelcome Brochure
See also: Google Maps
How to reach DESY and the Campus Bahrenfeld
- To Hamburg Altona station.
- Continue by taxi, traveling time approx. 15–20 min.
- Or continue by bus line 1 (direction Schenefelder Holt) directly to the main entrance of DESY (bus stop Zum Hünengrab/DESY), traveling time approx. 25 min.
- Or continue by S-Bahn (local city train) line S1 or S11 (direction Blankenese/Wedel) to Othmarschen. Then go on with bus line 1 (direction Schenefelder Holt). On foot: leave the city train station at the Waitzstrasse exit, turn right at the bottom of the stairs, turn left onto Waitzstrasse, right onto Gross Flottbeker Strasse and follow that road directly to DESY, walking time approx. 25 min.
- From the Hamburg airport Fuhlsbüttel
- Continue by taxi, traveling time approx. 40–50 min.
- Or continue with city train line S1 (direction Blankenese/Wedel) to Othmarschen station. Then go on with bus line 1 (direction Schenefelder Holt) to the main entrance of DESY (bus stop Zum Hünengrab/DESY).
Exit the Autobahn (A7) at HH-Bahrenfeld. Arriving in Hamburg from the South: turn left onto the main road (Osdorfer Weg). Arriving in Hamburg from the North: turn right onto the main road (Osdorfer Weg). Then turn right onto Notkestraße. The main entrance of DESY is the second road on the left.
DESY Hamburg Site, side entrance
The side entrance of DESY is located on the Luruper Chausseee.The bus line 2 stops there (bus stop DESY).The side entrance is open for motorists from Monday until Friday, 6 to 19 h, and closed on weekends.It is open for pedestrians and cyclists at all times.Please ring the bell at the gate to get access.
- on campus: DESY canteen
- Ristorante La Panetteria, Osdorfer Landstraße 4
- Saalbach Bistro, Bertrand-Russell-Straße 4
- Mahlzeit-Live, Albert-Einstein-Ring 8
- Mercure Hotel Hamburg am Volkspark, Albert-Einstein-Ring 2
- Restaurant Samarkand, Notkestraße 2
- L’incontro - Il Bistro, Ebertallee 232
- Arena Imbiss, Luruper Chaussee 141
- Don Quichotte, Osdorfer Landstraße 162
- Burger King, Osdorfer Landstraße 25
- Ristorante Tre Posi, Bahrenfelder Chaussee 178
- Tunici's Restaurant Dubrovnik, Luruper Chaussee 2
- Stadion Eck, Stadionstraße 1
Open in Google Maps
For details on the public transport system see www.HVV.de. An overview over the transport network can be found here. There are several kinds of ticket available. See www.hvv.de/en/tickets for details.
For the conference participants the wireless network DESY-Guest is available. This option requires you to fill out a Web form on our portal server and register your mobile device (e. g. notebook or PDA). Note that the DESY-Guest WLAN is unencrypted. That means, for transferring sensitive data (e.g. passwords) secure protocols are mandatory (e.g. SSH and VPN).
For guests, whose home institutes are participating in the project eduroam, we offer this wireless guest network connection. For registered user this is a quick and easy way to obtain a secure access to the Internet without any further registration.
If you need technical support, you may call UCO (user consulting office) under the local number 5005, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them in building 2b room 131d.
There are printers available which can be accessed from the guest network. For a comprehensive list of printers and detailed guides on the necessary configuration please refer to the printing guide.
Visitors with children
If you require special arrangements when travelling with children, please contact us directly. See Equal Opportunity Measures at the SFB 676 for some more information.